Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12/12/07: Are you shooting at the edges?

I watched the Tom Brokaw special "1968" on the History Channel tonight. Well...I watched as much of it as I could while trying to assert my role as "Mr. Mom" on evenings when my wife is at work. LOL

One of the people they interviewed was, of course, some kind of hippie radical expert or something...gee, I really wish I would have remembered his name! He talked about the hippie culture and the Haight-Ashbury element that would consistently "go to the edge." This concept really struck a chord with me -- at least as an visual artist. :)

Am I shooting at the edges? I mean...am I pushing my talents and abilities as a photographer further and further each time I pick up a camera? Am I doing the same when I sit down to work with the images in my favorite image editing program?

Are you shooting at the edges?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I watched that on the History Channel with my son. I had to explain the baby boomers and the term "free love". It was a really neat piece. Thanks for calling that to my attention about "the edge". Reminder of are we just "getting by" or are we and can we really make a difference with our work? I think the key is to never stop learning. Never stop asking what our clients want and expect from us. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Sally

9:18 PM, December 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home