Sunday, November 25, 2007

11/25/07: Exploring Urban Ruins


I've done a little photographic exploration of urban ruins -- back in the day before children came along -- and I am still fascinated by the prospects of photographing anything that is old, abandoned and disused.

If you are also intrigued by derelict buildings and urban decay from a photographic perspective, check out this web-site dedicated to photographic exploration of urban ruins: http://www.opacity.us/
If you know of other web-sites dedicated to urban ruin photography (amusement parks, hotels, sports facilities, junk yards, whatever...) -- please share them by posting in the comments section! :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Check out www.infiltraion.org. Most of the photography isn't amazing, but the locations and stories are great. Moreover, it's a sight dedicated to the fine art of going where you're not "supposed" to be. "Urban Exploration" or "Urbex" is definitely fun. The site stresses that Urbexing is NEVER done to in any way harm or take away from the location. It's a way to appreciate and enjoy what is otherwise unseen.

Cheers!

1:37 AM, November 26, 2007  
Blogger MsB said...

OMG, I love this post! I am an urban-setting fanatic! But, it's not that easy to find just the right graffiti here in Portland, Oregon. Where are all my creative people at?! =/ Thanks for sharing this info!!!

2:56 AM, November 26, 2007  
Blogger denMicha said...

I've some pictures of different places in and around Berlin (ger) on my blog (http://www.denmicha.blogspot.com/).

Here we have a lot of places that were left by the last russian troops more than ten years ago, some of them are whole small cities where one can find their leftovers still today. Really interesting.
Industry ruins and a lot more...

So I really have to look through all of my photos this year, I still have a lot more on my harddisk waiting to be published.

8:53 AM, November 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://urbanatrophy.com/

Mainly Maryland based, but if you've seen THE WIRE, we have options.

9:19 AM, April 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home