Friday, August 24, 2007

08/25/07: Reconditioned products from Lacie

If you're bargain conscious like I am...you probably check out clearance / reconditioned computer hardware like I do! I've had good success buying reconditioned computer equipment over the years...something about having the "new bugs" worked out of the gear appeals to me! (Yeah, I buy late model used cars too! But I buy all my cameras new...why is that??? LOL)

Check out reconditioned disk drivers, burners and displays from Lacie on at their clearance store...

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/clearance/products/?id=10007

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to back up your stuff on a second drive, no matter what drive you use. As someone who knows, first-hand, what the "testing" etc it is that LaCie does (or rather doesn't do!), I would stay away from the recon items. The procedure (at least as recent as a few months ago) is to plug in a returned item and see if the power light comes on. If the power light comes on, they label the drive as 'good, fully working' and throw it up on the reconditioned website for sale. Just buyer beware. Some are good, but it's really a 50/50 chance to take. So always backup those photos, etc on ANOTHER drive also (good to do no matter whose drive you buy!).

6:11 PM, September 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home