Wednesday, August 01, 2007

08/01/07: What are your photo goals this month?

Happy August! Where has the summer gone? My son only has 3 weeks left before school starts.

With each new month I try to set some personal goals -- and some photography goals too! This month I want to concentrate on finding a better sensor cleaning solution for my Canon 5D -- the larger sensor seems to attract larger DUST! I'd also like to schedule some time for myself to shoot some nature / landscape photos. I used to do that almost every Saturday (well, before we had kids, anyway!) -- now I'm lucky if I can get 2 hours a month set aside for just having some fun shooting. So...hold me accountable and I'll post up some of my August "fun stuff!"

And feel free to enter your photography goals in the comments section of this post...we'll revisit the goals a month from now.

Keep it real!
~Dan

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

I have enjoyed reading through all the archived thoughts on your blog. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and knowledge with us.

My goals for this month is to learn to drag my shutter so I can balance ambient and flash light.

10:12 AM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger Daniel J. Watkins said...

Great goal Cindy! Practice at 1/8th thru 1/20th of a second on your shutter speed (using TTL on your flash if you can). If you pan or move your camera with your subject you'll get some nice creative motion blur esp. if there are mutliple light sources in your background. :)

12:52 PM, August 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home