Sunday, March 25, 2007

03/24/07: A Fun Challenge...

Regular readers of Daily Photo Tips know that I love to challenge photographers to shoot outside of their comfort zone. Today, I really did that. I shot film for the first time in a LONG time. Yes, I was cleaning out some of my gear bags when, on a whim, I thought it would be fun to shoot some film of the spring colors. What a challenge! (And...how quickly we forget!) I wasn't able to chimp, change ISO values from shot-to-shot, and I kept wanting to change my white balance to compensate for sunny vs. shade shots!

So if you are looking for a challenge and you still have an old film SLR or two...go out and shoot some film just to see how much your life has changed since digital has taken over! :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Oleksandr Havrylyuk said...

I don't have to chimp, change WB and ISO? I am switching to film! Ha-ha! :)

10:32 AM, March 26, 2007  
Anonymous perttu r said...

Yeah, you are right that is very channelging indeed. But here's a even more challenging thing; I found a film camera, which were made in the 60's, so it is fully mechanic, no electricity. I'd tried to shoot whit it and it has showed to bee VERY hard :D

12:52 PM, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home