Saturday, July 01, 2006

07/01/06: Shoot outside of your comfort zone!

Shoot outside of your comfort zone!

Welcome to the third month of Daily Photo Tips! I started this web-site to encourage photographers at all skill levels to learn new photography tips and tricks every day -- to never be satisfied with status quo when it comes to their photography. I also did it to challenge myself to constantly be on the lookout for new ideas, or refreshing spins on old ideas :), so much so that I would write something every day about photography. That's what Daily Photo Tips is all about.

Some days I write about very basic photography tips -- stuff that will help amateur photographers of all sorts to improve their skills, but also to remind advanced photographers and pros about things we've learned many years ago and may have forgotten. Other days I'll write about more advanced topics (including the business side of photography) -- aimed at helping pros make money shooting pictures or inspiring free-lancers to help them make some extra money moonlighting. Occasionally I'll just post up something that I just learned and I wanted to share with fellow photographers.

So my tip for today is...shoot outside of your comfort zone! That could mean any number of things...shoot with a camera or other piece of gear you've never used before or haven't used in a long while. I've been known to dust off one of my older (read "less feature rich") DSLR cameras and force myself to shoot entirely in manual modes. Another idea is to shoot a type of event that you've never done before -- last year my neighbor and his son treat my son and I to an evening at the monster truck show. I had never thought to attend a monster truck show before...but I saw it as an opportunity to take some photographs. We ended up having a great time and I learned a few new things about my camera that night. :)

Thanks for visiting Daily Photo Tips -- if you have any comments, suggestions or questions, be sure to send them to me at:

dan@dailyphototips.com

Or, if you'd like to be a "guest tipster" -- feel free to shoot me a note with your name and tip idea. I'd love to have participation from photographers all over the world at all different skill levels.

And, I'll close my first post for July with what is fast becoming my photography motto...

"Keep it real."

All the best, Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home