Monday, June 05, 2006

06/05/06: Everything you need to know about cleaning your digital SLR camera's sensor

Pro Photo Tip: Everything you need to know about cleaning your digital SLR camera's sensor

I came across an excellent web-site recently that tells you just about everything you need to know about cleaning the sensor on a digital SLR camera. The web-site is:

CleaningDigitalCameras.com

Personally, I tend to prefer the non-invasive method of cleaning the camera since it doesn't involve touching the sensor. I use the non-invasive method (using a rocket blower) about once per week on each of my camera bodies...and ALWAYS before shooting a big event like a wedding. On occasion when a camera needs a more thorough cleaning, I send it back to the manufacturer. :)

There are several tips for helping to reduce the chances that your sensor will get dirty. When changing lenses, be sure to keep the camera body pointing DOWN to minimize opportunities for dust particles to enter the camera. If you are shooting at a beach or in a windy outdoor environment, don't change lenses! Wait until you are in a safer place to change lenses. Be sure to vacuum your camera bag from time to time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Q said...

Try using the squeeze blower around the camera lens mount before you remove it.

Do the same to the lens before you attach it to your camera.

This has kept my sensor dust free for the longest time.

By the way, I switch lenses often and I don't have any anti dust removal thing-a-ma-jig on my camera.

All the best.

6:41 PM, February 10, 2008  
Blogger Bobby Q said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:44 PM, February 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home