Thursday, May 04, 2006

05/04/06: Grayscale / black & white

Basic photo tip - "grayscale" vs. "black & white"

Q: What's the difference between "grayscale" and "black and white?"

A: Actually nothing! "Grayscale" refers to a photo made up of varying tones of black and white -- it's synonymous with black and white photography, but more popular nomenclature in digital applications. Grayscale is not to be confused with "monochrome" which is defined as one single hue or color in a photograph.


Post a Comment

<< Home